Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting a tile in situ

On Oct 10, 6:39*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
Hi,

I am replacing a shower tray.

The old one had sloping sides the new one (plus platform) will have vertical
sides.
As the tray was let in to the tiles I need to straighten up the sloping cut
on one of the tiles to make it vertical.
I would prefer just to cut it in situ but this seems to have a potential for
ending in tears.

I don't have any spare tiles - I could just hack the tile off and use a
white replacement but would prefer to keep the existing tile if possible.

So - score gently with an angle grinder (hah!) then cold chisel off?

Prise off the wall intact (hah!) cut and refit?

I really need a way to 'nibble' a tile edge whilst it is fixed to the wall.

Has anyone found a good way to do this, or am I just likely to waste a load
of time bugggering about and then end up replacing the tile anyway?

Cheers

Dave R

die grinder or angle grinder with continuous rim disc, but I'd cut
through as far as poss, chiselling is asking for it.

NT