Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Dumb question ? - fridges / extension leads

On Oct 10, 8:45*pm, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
That said, it wouldn't be dangling off a reel, it'd be the shortest
uncoiled extension / adaptor I could find just to assist access, as
the socket is behind an adjacent kitchen unit - to get the old one out
a few months ago I had to cut the plug off it, as there was no way to
get it out otherwise !

Just stick it on 1.5mm Arctic - ok for 16A & low resistance.
Remember even a small "larder" fridge/freezer is fused at 13A.

Alternatively just create a spur off the existing kitchen unit for it.