Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Dumb question ? - fridges / extension leads

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:20:02 +0100
Derek Geldard wrote:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:54:50 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Just picked up a new fridge, and it says you shouldn't plug it into an
extension lead...

Why the hell not ?

Generally it's bad practise .

Plugged into a socket out of sight and sound of the fridge (IE round a
corner) it could be unplugged by the cleaner ( or somebody ) and get
plugged back in at the end of her shift and nobody would ever know it
had spent a few hours warming up. Potentially this could happen every
day.

Reminds me of a problem we had at work years ago. The computer (a
DEC VAX) rebooted every night, we could not work out why. Turns out the
cleaner's large backside hit the reset button when she bent over to
change the nozzle on her vacuum-cleaner. Every night!

Cleaners are a menace around electrics.

R.