Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Dougall Tom Dougall is offline

Default Wood dyes

Thanks for the replies, the trouble is that the dyed pieces have to be
laminated before turning, so I cant turn first and then dye the wood. It
would be much better if I could get a supply of bloodwood but I have been
unable to find a supplier in the U.K. I have tried to google it and also
all the timber suppliers I know of. Any further suggestions would be
appreciated.

Tom
"Tom Dougall" wrote in message
I have been trying to get 6 pieces of bloodwood 1/2 inch sq. X 9 in.
without success. I thought maybe I could cut some Sycamore and dye it red
instead.

Does anyone know of a wood dye the would soak right through the wood so
that whe I turn it down it will still show a deep red without blotches.

With most dyes or stains I would only be able to turn off a small amount
before I had turned all the coloured part away.

Regards

Tom