Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Milling lesson

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

Do you do this with 2-flutes or 4-flutes?

Here is some basic reading on the subject:
http://www.finelinehair.com/home/end...menclature.pdf

However for your machine, technique is usually going to be the biggest
factor in the selection of the number of flutes, so I would keep it kind of
simple. Select a two flute if you need it to cut in the center, other wise a
4 flute should work just fine.

The number of flutes and teh geometry of the flutes gets really critical
when you are talking high speed production runs and the like but it is not
going to be much of an issue for you.

One important factor is going to be the length so use the shortest length
you can for greater rigidity.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.