Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When is a lead-acid battery charged?

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
I have known good lead-acid batteries keep their charge for nearly a
year, but it's rare.

According to an expert on another group the average lead acid car battery
loses 60% of its charge per month. I'm only quoting this FWIW as it's not
my experience. I have a clever electronic battery tester which works out
the actual capacity and that shows nearer 20% per month.
Of course if the battery is left connected in a modern car, the quiescent
drain may well flatten it in less than a month.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.