Ginty

Default Flue Hole

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Dave D" wrote in message
om...
Hullo again.
I have to drill a hole in my exterior wall for my combi flue, (its
sandstone)
I believe I need one of these big cake cutter type drill bits, what
are they called ? Do I need a special drill or is my little 850w house
drill up to the job ?
Is this the kind of thing I can hire ?
Cheers

Hi All,

I need to do this as well, same story a sandstone wall, but what I was
wondering was will the core cutter actually "hold on" to the core?
The reason I'm asking is because I'm 3 floors up and will be drilling
from the inside out - should I take precautions with pedestrians, or
at the very least my car!

Also I've never fitted a combi before but I was reading through the
installation instructions (for a baxi 105e) and it looks easy enough
to install and commission.
However I've heard that unless you get a CORGI registered bloke to
sign it off the warranty will be void - is this true?
Fair enough I'll get someone qualified in to pipe the gas round to
where I need it, but do I have to pay him to actually fit the boiler?

Cheers,
Stephen