Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WireMold installation question

In order to install Wiremold metal raceway on the inside garage wall for
120v wiring for the exterior lights I need to cross an existing run of
Wiremold that carries the 24v wiring for the sprinkler system.

Would it be kosher to have the new Wiremold simply cross over the top of
the existing Wiremold and thus not be flat against the wall for the
whole of its length? Or lift the existing Wiremold away from the wall
and let the new Wiremold pass under it and thus remain flat against the
wall? Or...?

Perce

Put a surface mount electrical outlet box where they cross.

??? I thought putting 110 and low-voltage in the same box was a no-no?

*In some instances it is permitted if the conductor insulation is the same.
It is also permitted if the two voltages are isolated by a divider. Bud's
suggestion is a good idea. One raceway will pass through the box without
the conductors being exposed while the other will use it like a junction
box. And it will be neat.