Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:04:47 -0700, windcrest wrote:
I still have an old AC/DC radio from
those days, when radios were sold to work on either distribution
system.

Hmm, that triggered a memory. I used to have an AC/DC one from the '60s -
manual switch, and you could feed 12V DC in on the same power socket as
AC. I doubt something like that would pass H+S these days, never mind the
amount of people who'd try to feed it domestic AC with the switch on the
DC setting and fry the thing

cheers

Jules