Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Sketchup Question

On Oct 9, 11:36*am, Steve Turner
wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
Steve Turner wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 8, 12:52 pm, Jack Stein wrote:

Took me months or starting, quitting, starting again, quitting and so
on. *It can be deceptively hard, or deceptively easy, depending on
your
point of view:-)

A reasonable amount of intelligence makes it easier. That's probably
why you find it so difficult.

...and why you never did figure it out.

An aside... *I know you argued the point with one of your other
buddies about a week ago, but there *must* be something wrong with
your clock.

I didn't argue the point, I stated my clock was correct.

I'm using the same news server you are, but your posts are showing up
"in the future", whereas mine are not. *I originally took this problem
to be the fault of the news server, but I just verified that setting
my clock into the future and replying to a post (see the Rockwell
planer thread) DID cause the timestamp of the reply to show up in the
future. I've since resynchronized my clock back with time.windows.com
prior to submitting this reply.

My computer clock is set correctly, with the correct date and time, and
the correct time zone. *My messages come back to me with the correct
time. *It is 12:11 PM on my computer, on my watch, on my cell phone, on
my TV. *What would you like me to change?

Interesting; you and I both have two posts only seconds apart to the
same server (eternal-september.org), and the NNTP-Posting-Date in the
headers reflect this:

* *mine: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:53 +0000 (UTC)
* yours: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:04 +0000 (UTC)

Yet the dates displayed by my newsreader (Thunderbird) a

* *mine: 11:17am
* yours: 12:16pm

On Google: Jack's: 12:16PM
Yours" 11:36AM !!!

Which are basically the times that we posted within our own local time
zones. *However, I don't see anything else in the message headers that
would indicate what our time zones *are*, so I'm not sure how this is
happening. *I guess the eternal-september.org newserver must be
misconfigured somehow...? *Is this how people on other servers are
seeing things?

40 minute time zones? ;-)

Maybe you are not seeing it Jack (any others?), but the side effect is
that your posts are appearing out of order with respect to when you
posted. *Your posts are showing up after the follow-on replies.

That sounds like your newsreader is set up improperly. Threading
should overrule time stamps.