Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default drawer slides: side to side play normal?

"Swingman" wrote

When I get in a bind in a kitchen install, the construction site dumpster
generally has something ... packaging cardboard/plastic, pieces of shims,
anything that will get the job done .
--

Exactly.

While working on my porch modificaions for an elderly couple, I needed some
shims. I ventured into that tomb of a garage with at least 40 years of
accumulated junk and found something that worked.

Both my grandfathers and my father were great scroungers and recyclers. I
remember all of them telling me to go find something that works. No matter
the problem, go find something that works. That is a lesson that has stuck
with me my whole life. Not all solutions come in a mass manufactured package
at the big box store.