Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Heads up - Aldi "Swing Drill" £39.99

In article , Lobster
writes
Toby wrote:
Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that
has a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for
drilling through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...tail_Wk42S21.j

pg

Don't you just love how their picture shows the drill being used in
'swing' mode, in an unrestricted space where a conventional drill would
have worked just as well (and probably more easily?)!

The end bit that 'swings' looks quite long - certainly a lot longer than
the equivalent dimension in a conventional angled drill: I wonder
whether it will fit between standard joists, the drilling of which would
be its main use I'd have thought?

Agreed, the end looks long but it can swing to the side too so it's more
versatile. The video Toby posted shows it (the Ferm version) driving in
screws in what looks like a 4" gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsM1...ayer_embedded#

Looks like it could come in handy but I've still to work out whether it
needs hex shanked drills or not.
--
fred