Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Heads up - Aldi "Swing Drill" £39.99

Toby wrote:
Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that
has a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for
drilling through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...il_Wk42S21.jpg

Don't you just love how their picture shows the drill being used in
'swing' mode, in an unrestricted space where a conventional drill would
have worked just as well (and probably more easily?)!

The end bit that 'swings' looks quite long - certainly a lot longer than
the equivalent dimension in a conventional angled drill: I wonder
whether it will fit between standard joists, the drilling of which would
be its main use I'd have thought?

David