Posted to uk.d-i-y
On net On net is offline

Default Power supply/Alarm problems

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
On net wrote:
Our house upstairs lighting circuit has decided to start tripping it's
circuit breakers - with no obvious cause. First suspect was that a wire
had come loose in the last light fitting installed which was a tight fit
for all the connections when it was replaced. I've removed the light
fitting and the dimmer switch, but still the problem persists.

Have you totalled up the maximum load? It's all too easy to add stuff and
forget.

No, I haven't added up the load - the circuit has been unchanged now for
something like nine or ten months and the system trips without any
lights on.