Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default re-using pipe fittings

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article . com,
Jules writes:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:18:05 -0700, NT wrote:
I'm not convinced its worth it though, you'll get a higher incidence
of leaky joins, and end feed stuff is cheap.

For sure. It's definitely no big deal to buy new bits, I just like
re-using things whenever I can. :-)

(and heck, that was a fast reply. I love this group...)

If you're buying from somewhere like BES, fittings aren't
expensive enough to bother reusing.

Too true, I can't believe people would even try to re-use soldered
fittings.
I dont even re-use compression fittings (or pipe, it all goes on the
scrap pile), it just isnt worth the time to clean them for re-use, as
well as the possibility that they may not seal so well as new ones as
they could have slightly deformed in use.(not talking olives here, just
the bodies and nuts).
Alan.