Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default HELP

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 10/8/2009 12:30 PM dadiOH spake thus:

Meta-comment: regarding your sig:

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

I have to say that is the very first time I've seen anyone post
information in the form of a Windows help file. Certainly seems like
an odd choice, especially if part of one's audience is Mac users, but
whatever ...

Just curious: I used to use RoboHelp in a previous life as a tech
writer. Is that what you used to create the .hlp? As I remember, it
was a pretty slick little app, and I enjoyed using it, something I
can say about very few pieces of software.

I used Shalom Help Maker
http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/shelpm/
Nice program.

I made it a hlp file because it was written long ago and programs for
compiled help files weren't all that available. I made it a hlp file
because MP3s were very big at the time and I figured that people reading it
would use it (for a while) as a reference; as such, it would be handier on
one's own box.

There is an html version at
http://www.shareup.com/dadioh/index.html
however, it is the very first version and has never been changed. It has
never been changed because I didn't do the html and it is not my site. When
I first posted the help file, Shareup posted in a newsgroup in which I was
active and asked to do an html version for their site.

Mac users have to fend for themselves

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...