Posted to rec.woodworking
D'ohBoy D'ohBoy is offline

Default Alaskan Sawmill

On Oct 7, 11:50 pm, manyirons wrote:
Do any of you guys have any experience with this Alaskan chainsaw
sawmill?

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdet...G777&catID=247

I'm considering tooling up to harvest a couple of trees.

Thanks.

- Owen -

Have done a white oak and a cherry with my neighbor that owns one of
these... Property that adjoins both of ours is for sale and the owner
said we could take a coupla trees as long as we didn't take too many -
what's too many ?

Anyhoo, he's got a saw with a 36" bar and we took turns slabbing.
Waste is kinda high when you finally get down to S4S and thought about
it (kerf of the saw, jointing the board flat) but on the other hand,
all the lumber cost was some gas, bar oil, and time and energy.

I wouldn't want to do more than a coupla trees tho. Hot, boring,
slightly dangerous work.

D'ohBoy