Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kevin(Bluey) Kevin(Bluey) is offline

Default Battery leakage cleanup

John D. Farr wrote:
Greetings. I have a Nikon flash that had batteries left in it. It
cleaned up very nicely except one piece that has recessed contacts. I
can't get to them to mechanically clean them. Does anyone know of a
chemical process that will clean them up? They are in plastic and
probably plated brass. Thanks, John

To clean the bloom on car battery terminals I used baking soda (bi
carbinate soda)mixed in some hot water and just pour it over the
terminals,it dissolves the deposits.
This may work in your situation but maybe would be better to use a
cotton tip dipped in the solutionand applied to the affected area.

--
Kevin (Bluey)