BRuce

Default workbench finished: Sam Allen's joiner's bench with Veritastwin-screw end vise

how did you maintain vertical? i will be drilling through prefinished
hardwood flooring and 2 x 3/4" plywood so it won't be as difficult but
vertical seems to be an issue.

yep, lots of power and the quick charger is very good. SWMBO got me the
package last year for Christmas and the "rebate" was another battery, so
one in the drill, one in the saw and one in the charger. I have never
had to wait for a battery to charge.

BRuce

Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks.

The Milwaukee drill earned it's weight and then some on this bench. All the
dog holes were drilled with it, as were many of the the joinery joles for
the bench base. Having the quick charger is a big plus. But the best thing
was the torque on this drill - never had a problem even in the hard maple
drilling a 3/4" auger bit. I know that some of the new impact drivers have
even more torque, but I can't see why you'd need more than this drill has.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

BRuce wrote in message news:1069335401.308205@sj-nntpcache-5...

nice bench, hope to have mine finished before the year is out. I like
your cordless drill too, have one just like it and the companion
circular saw. they both do a great job.

BRuce (Benson NC)

Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hi wreckers,

I finally finished up the last few details on the workbench I finally

got

around to building. Although not as pretty as a lot of the benches I've
seen, including several recent posts, I think the functionality it
represents will still make it a joy to use. Since this is basically a

step

up from a Workmate, there is no question that I'm going to be thrilled

put it to use.

I'll post a few pics on ABPW, but you can see them all, as well as some
further details of the bench, at this website:
http://pages.cthome.net/logmanworld/workbench.htm

Let me know what you think!

Mike