Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Aurgh!

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:36:48 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Erik" wrote in message
In article ,
"William Wixon" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
My ten ton mini ram (to lift the item) is about 1/6" too tall.

Let some air out of its tires. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

yeah, the first thing i thought of was an old joke about two farmers
sawing
a slot in the top of a doorway for the ears of their too-tall mule.

i can't remember it exactly and i couldn't find it on line.

something about some guy maybe a traveling salesman comes upon two
farmers
sawing a slot in the top of the doorway of their barn so they can get
their
too-tall mule in. the salesman asks them why they don't just dig away
some
dirt below the door and the farmers reply indignantly "we didn't say
his
legs were too long, we said his ears were too tall!" or something like
that.
at the time that joke cracked me up.

Reminds me of this one for some reason...

Dumb guy goes and buys himself a shiny new chain saw. His salesman
assures him he'll be able to cut N cords of wood a day with it.

He goes home, but try hard as he might, can only cut N-5 cords.

Disappointed, he takes the saw back and the embarrassed salesman takes
it in for warranty repair.

Dumb guy picks it up a couple of days later, but again, hard as he
tries, can now only cut N-4 cords... better but not right.

He returns it yet again, and the whole process repeats till dumb guy is
finally cutting N-1 cord... better, but still a disappointment.

On his final trip to the store, the salesman apologizes profusely, and
explains to dumb guy he's never had an issue with this model, and can't
understand whats wrong. Puzzled, the salesman picks up the saw, snaps on
the ignition and gives it a smart yank... ring ding ding ding ding, ring
ding ding ding ding.

Dumb guy, now visibly shaken, sporting bugged out eyes and slack jaw
yells over the din to the salesman, "Whats that noise, Whats that
noise?"

Erik

Ha-ha! I have to remember that one. d8-)

that happened just north of Montreal!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

LOL! I think we're seeing the attitude of an English-speaking Canadian
here...

My favorite was a remark made a French kid, about my age then (20), when I
was studying in Europe, when I asked him what he thought of Canadian French
speakers. "Whatever it is they speak, it isn't French," he said. g

--
Ed Huntress