Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Fixing latex paint drips

wrote
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote

My kid just called from college saying his roommate painted his window
frames with Sherwin-Williams gloss latex, and 8 hours later, there are
pretty large areas where the paint ran and forms drips (more like
globs).

I sincerely doubt it was the paint; undoubtedly inexperienced painter.

Probably some of both. If you've never compared Sherwin-Williams with
brands like Devoe or Martin-Senour, you owe it to yourself to do so. The
difference is quite remarkable.

Sherwin Williams? You don't mean Sears, do you? I used SW only once,
exterior alkyd semi for trim. It was beautiful - the quality is apparent
when it is applied and long after. The difference between cheap and good
paint, even during application, is remarkable. Brushes out beautifully,
levels....just very good stuff.

Same here. I've painted with it any a time and it's quite decent. If they
have 'runs' they had to use too much on the brush.

Amusing to me story. Room mate of mine many years ago tried to paint a
window frame. It had runs on it (old dried ones) so she tried to use too
much paint to fill them in! Yup, worse runs.