Posted to alt.home.repair
Roemax Roemax is offline

Default Fixing latex paint drips

O P is confused ,as Sherwin William's makes martin senour paint!!
maybe buying the best s w paint has not been experienced by O P
'a good craftsman doesn't blame his tools"

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"dpb" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
My kid just called from college saying his roommate painted his window
frames with Sherwin-Williams gloss latex, and 8 hours later, there are
pretty large areas where the paint ran and forms drips (more like
globs). It's at the thick goo stage right now. Should they let it dry
until it hardens (if ever), and then razor blade it off & repaint the
bad spots, or what? I've never had this problem, so I don't know what to
tell them.

Cut it cleanly w/ a razor blade if can w/o smearing it too badly.
Otherwise, just wait a little longer and it will dry and can be cleaned
up then before it is terribly hard. A little scuff-sanding and all will
be well.

I told them to use real paint, but they don't listen.

I sincerely doubt it was the paint; undoubtedly inexperienced painter.

Probably some of both. If you've never compared Sherwin-Williams with
brands like Devoe or Martin-Senour, you owe it to yourself to do so. The
difference is quite remarkable.