Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.

wrote:

As a rule of thumb, when a monitor has a defective cap, I will replace
the lot of them. As you point out, it's not worth the risk of having
to open the monitor up again.

I prefer Panasonic FM or FC series for replacements. Purchasing from
Digikey, I can redo an entire monitor for under $10, including
shipping. (OK, I seldom replace the 100 µF 450 Volt cap).

I've only seen one of these "bad" (in about 100 monitors).
Despite the fact that they are often manufacture by the same
company who manufactures the other (crappy) caps on the
board! I guess the ripple currents are not as large (?)