Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Illinois State cops have no crime to occupy them?

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:18:15 -0700, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Oct 8, 1:09 am, "CalifBill" wrote:
"Steve Ackman" wrote in message

In , on Wed, 07 Oct 2009
00:42:58 -0500, Don Foreman, wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:16:18 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

We were just east of St. Louis today on I-70 with a
27' travel trailer in tow. I was following a semi doing
about 60 mph, and as he slowed down, so did I. Limit for
trucks and trailers is 55 mph in Ill. Ah! Cop coming up
behind us.
Gets about even with the semi in front of us, and
matches speed. After about two miles, he drops back to
about a car length behind us, still one lane to the left.
Hangs there for about five more miles when he hits his
lights.

This guy was apparently a moron. Kept asking me the
same questions over and over and I kept giving the same
answers over and over. Finally after about 20 minutes,
he asks to see my license and registrations, and after
barely glancing at any of it, tells me he's not going
to cite me, to drive safely and have a nice day. I
never did figure out why he pulled me over or what he
didn't cite me for. At one point he had said something
about the trailer swerving in the wind... as if that
were somehow a citable offense, but the breeze was
barely enough to rustle the leaves.

I've driven the country MANY times, north to south,
east to west, and this is the first time I've ever been
pulled over for no reason. Actually, it's the first
time I've ever been pulled over on an interstate.

The length of my hair? He's shopping for a travel
trailer and was hoping I'd offer him a tour? Out of
state plates? He was bored? During the interrogation
I was just puzzled, but afterwards, I was ****ed. Where
do these little tin Jesuses get off detaining law abiding
citizens for no reason at all?

I think Illinois just formed the basis for my new
"avoid like the plague" list.

What questions did he keep asking over and over for 20 minutes?

Actually, I thought it was around 15 minutes, but
my wife said it was closer to 20. I didn't have a
stopwatch going so, who know.

"Are there two beds in that trailer?"
"Where are you travelling from and to?"
"Does it have... expansion?"
"Are you carrying anything illegal; firearms, alcohol
tobacco?" (as if those are illegal)
"What do you do for a living?"
"Do you own a house in NH?"
"Why are you travelling?"

Too many to list them all, but those seem to be
fairly representative.

Always been ****ed about Illinois Highway Patrol. 1968, my new wife and I
were going to Dayton, OH for a company school. I was speeding in the
middle
of nowhere outside St. Louis by exceeding the speed limit by 10 over. cop
pulled me over and left my wife in the car and told me to get in the state
car. He called in records and then proceeded to drive 20 over because his
wheels were out of balance about 15 miles for me to drop $25 in a mail box
for my ticket. Then the 15 or so miles back to the car. We got back to my
car and wife, and I looked at the cop and said it was his lucky day. If
anything had happened to my wife I would have killed him on the spot. He
started to reach for his gun, and I said, that I doubt any jury would
convict me. It would be justified. I always regret not taking it all the
way to the Governor of the state. I hope he learned from the encounter.
And
I would have killed him.- Hide quoted text -

You would have been the one who would have been dead.

A man who holds a grudge for over 40 years needs some therapy.

You could have easily have had your wife join you for the ride.

And making threats..even after 40 years...is still making threats.

TMT

He took off leaving my wife there. And I would have killed him on the spot!
I would not kill him now, and it is still wrong 40 years later. 40 years
does not make it correct. And why would you figure I would be the one dead?

Because TMT is an utter buffoon.

I really wish you guys would simply killfile the dumb son of a bitch and
be done with it. Ive had the moron in my kill file for at least 3 yrs
and I STILL read his diarettic spew 10-20 times a day.

Gunner

GUNNER'S PRAYER:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the people
that don't need to get shot, the courage to shoot
the people that need shooting and the wisdom to know the difference.
And if need be, the skill to get it done before I have to reload."

0