Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The revolution has started!

In article ,
Frank Erskine writes:
For locks I would use either PTFE spray or, preferably, graphite
powder lock lubricant.

For penetrating (oo-er!) I'd use PlusGas.

I fail to see how a penetrating fluid can also act as a lubricant...

Any fluid is a lubricant.
As to whether it's still there 5 minutes later,
or if it could withstand the operating pressure,
that's a different question.

I'll admit that WD-40 does have a rather nice vanilla-ish smell...

The scent is a deliberate addition.

(although I still prefer chocolate sauce on my ice cream).

There was a facinating program on Radio 4 a month or two back
on the marketing of WD40. They really sounded like they know
what they're doing.

--
Andrew Gabriel