Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default The revolution has started!

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 20:15:33 +0100, Dave Osborne wrote:
Apart from generally being bad, WD40 has a tendency to get onto the
key and then stain your hands/clothes, so it's a bad idea for this reason
alone.

Then why do Yale reccommend WD40 in black & white? Arrrrghh!

Ignorance on the part of the marketing dept.?

Or the makers of WD40 paid them a handsome sum to have their product
mentioned in the Yale literature, and greed took over?

It's only use is in being half-assed at lots of jobs, making it useful in
situations where it's not practical to carry armfuls of alternate and
better products around - but personally I don't touch it for anything
that I care about or won't be quickly stripping down, cleaning, and
re-lubing with something more appropriate for the job.

For some people, ignorance is championed as a human right and is proudly
worn as a badge of honour.

It always comes down to being cheap, ignorant, or lazy. Sometimes all
three. Something that marketing departments know all too well :-(

cheers

Jules