Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Aldi pressure washer on sale 8th Oct 2009

The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Thursday 08 October 2009 19:40

Stephen wrote:
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:39:47 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/uk/html...2827_11436.htm

What do you think?

Just another uninspiring el cheapo pressure washer TBH. 6
litres/min isn't much of a flow rate, 5m hose won't get you round a
standard car.

That's a shame, the previous Aldi model was highly thought of. I
wonder why they have produced an inferior model this time?

Because they wanted to sell a machine at a certain price.

£80 gets you an induction motor

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/69806/...ressure-Washer
(Makita just badge it).

£100 gets you an induction motor from the world leaders (parts easy
to get)

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/96933/...Bar-1-7kW-240V

The old Aldi one was a Karcher with induction motor; it's a shame the
new one isn't.

I doubt that, more likely a Lavour.

I recently borrowed a cheap (non-induction) Karcher and cleaned the
patio with it. I had never used a pressure washer before so I was
really impressed how much grime it cleared off.

If you ever try a 'real' one it will blow your socks off. 200 bar @ 20
litres/min is a thing to behold.

And to add meaning, 20 lpm is what a garden hose on 4-5bar supply with no
nozzle might give you. Rather more than the carwash one...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...