Conan The Librarian

Default workbench finished: Sam Allen's joiner's bench with Veritastwin-screw end vise

Mike in Mystic wrote:

I haven't really addressed that issue yet. I'll see how it goes, now that I
have the end vise on, and if I put some heavy power tools on the shelf,
maybe I won't need to do any more than make sure the thing is level and all
four feet are touching the floor evenly. I might try the sandpaper on the
bottom of the feet thing. I'm still not too keen on drilling holes in the
garage floor.

I must have missed the original thread, but in case it wasn't
mentioned, a great way to shim bench-legs is with those old hard rubber
mousepads. They grip the floor well, and they'll compensate for any
unevenness of your garage floor.

Chuck Vance