Posted to alt.home.repair
windcrest windcrest is offline

Default New HD policy

On Oct 6, 12:12*pm, Red wrote:
Bought some construction material from HD yesterday. *The receipt
shows the cost of each item and the refund value of each item. *The
refund value is 10% less than the purchase price. *Guess they're now
charging a 10% restocking fee on returned items. *They've now lost my
business.

Red

HD takes returns probably easier than any store I've ever dealt with.
On commodity items I can see the justification for a re-stocking fee.
On special order, I definitely think its justified. On manufactured
items HD just goes back to the manufacturer for return adjustments if
the item is not re-shelvable.