Mike in Mystic

Default workbench finished: Sam Allen's joiner's bench with Veritas twin-screw end vise

Hi Dave,

I haven't really addressed that issue yet. I'll see how it goes, now that I
have the end vise on, and if I put some heavy power tools on the shelf,
maybe I won't need to do any more than make sure the thing is level and all
four feet are touching the floor evenly. I might try the sandpaper on the
bottom of the feet thing. I'm still not too keen on drilling holes in the
garage floor.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...
Hi Mike!

I was just noticing the thread title and wondered if you secured your
bench to your liking for some serious Neander-style, heavy duty, all
out, sweat inducing PLANING? G

DAVE

Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks.

The Milwaukee drill earned it's weight and then some on this bench. All

the
dog holes were drilled with it, as were many of the the joinery joles

for
the bench base. Having the quick charger is a big plus. But the best

thing
was the torque on this drill - never had a problem even in the hard

maple
drilling a 3/4" auger bit. I know that some of the new impact drivers

have
even more torque, but I can't see why you'd need more than this drill

has.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

BRuce wrote in message news:1069335401.308205@sj-nntpcache-5...

nice bench, hope to have mine finished before the year is out. I like
your cordless drill too, have one just like it and the companion
circular saw. they both do a great job.

BRuce (Benson NC)

Mike in Mystic wrote:

Hi wreckers,

I finally finished up the last few details on the workbench I finally

got

around to building. Although not as pretty as a lot of the benches

I've
seen, including several recent posts, I think the functionality it
represents will still make it a joy to use. Since this is basically a

step

up from a Workmate, there is no question that I'm going to be thrilled

put it to use.

I'll post a few pics on ABPW, but you can see them all, as well as some
further details of the bench, at this website:
http://pages.cthome.net/logmanworld/workbench.htm

Let me know what you think!

Mike