Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jake[_4_] Jake[_4_] is offline

Default DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.

On Oct 6, 6:19*pm, Samantha wrote:
I have a Dell E152FPc Flat screen Monitor 15" that goes black after
about a second after it is powered on. *The Green power light stays on
and the color bar test pattern is there if you stick a flash light up to
it. *

I have never had one of these apart and am not really sure what I am in
for. *Just looking at it, I don't see any obvious way to take it apart.

There are some screws to take off the stand, but after that I am not
sure.

Anybody ever take one of these apart and fix it?

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks so much!!!

S.

I recently repaired 3 E153FP's, which I believe are virtually
identical.

The problem was a 1000uF, 16 volt capacitor, used for the power
supply. It had excessively high ESR, and I am assuming it caused
excessively high ripple voltage which was making the LCD's control
circuitry wack out (that's my very technical description of what I
thought was going on, ha ha). I replaced the same cap on all 3 - It
was easy to identify, about the largest cap on the board, the PCB
material was darkened around it, and the top of the cap was bulged.

Good luck! The 3 I fixed had the exact same symptom you describe, and
have been back in service for about 3 months with no further problems.

-Jake