Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default removable workbench top

On Oct 7, 8:30*pm, Barry von Tobel wrote:
I'd like to put a piece of 1/4" tempered Masonite on my bench, but be
able to remove it. *Anybody recommend an adhesive that allows removal?

How about attaching a small ridge of trim around the edge of the bench
that is the same height as the Masonite thickness. You could just
drop the sheet in the recessed area and lift it out for replacement or
cleaning. I have a small version of this in the top of my home made
drill press table. I left a couple of finger indents at the edges and
when it gets buggered up, I replace it.

Ron