Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cash In A Flash - Gas Engine Repair

That's my kind of success story. I've got assortment of
failure stories. My Dad's Coleman 5,000 watt generator
wouldn't start, during one power cut. A "helpful" snerk
neighbor screwed the spark plug out and give it a big squirt
of ether. Washed the oil off the piston walls, and locked up
the motor. Managed to get the piston freed, and then it ran
for a half second, and threw a rod. I sold the generator,
which cost $500 new, on Ebay, and got $75. If he'd sprayed
ether on the air filter, it woulda likely started the
engine right up, and ran fine. Dad would still be using it,
today.

I've never made any useful money on Ebay. Spent a lot, of
course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Hustlin' Hank" wrote in message

I acquired an old Simplicity rider. The engine was out of it
and had a
broken rod. Thinking someone could use it for parts, I put
it on eBay
with a starting bid of $.99 with a "must pick up" listing.
Some guy
drove 6hours from upper Michigan to come and get it after he
won the
bid with a $150. I would have never guessed that would
happen. I had
to ask him what he was going to do with it and he said he
would stick
another motor in it and enter it in a lawn tractor demolison
derby. He
said it is hard to find old riders that have the frame that
one had. I
guess they are bored up there.

So, weird things do happen.

Hank