Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Cash In A Flash - Gas Engine Repair

On Oct 5, 8:49�am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
What idiot pays $175 for a 3 HP walk behind mower? When I
used to fix mowers for a second hand shop, they brought in
between $30 and $50 for 3 HP walk behinds. With no power
drive. New ones about $100 at Walmart.

--
Christopher A. Young

I acquired an old Simplicity rider. The engine was out of it and had a
broken rod. Thinking someone could use it for parts, I put it on eBay
with a starting bid of $.99 with a "must pick up" listing. Some guy
drove 6hours from upper Michigan to come and get it after he won the
bid with a $150. I would have never guessed that would happen. I had
to ask him what he was going to do with it and he said he would stick
another motor in it and enter it in a lawn tractor demolison derby. He
said it is hard to find old riders that have the frame that one had. I
guess they are bored up there.

So, weird things do happen.

Hank