Posted to sci.electronics.repair
1PW[_4_] 1PW[_4_] is offline

Default Microwave oven -- Whirlpool MD365WH

Marcus Lindahl wrote:
Hi 1PW and thank you for your reply.

Please let me elaborate a bit on the behavior during the hot air function.

If I open the door during the hot air function the oven runs for about
3-5 sec before it stops, therefore I believe that heating, fans and the
rotating plate is relay controlled by the microprocessor and that the
interlocks only shuts down the magnetron (I´m not sure though).

One would believe that the door interlocks function for all modes.
However your observation & theory may be quite accurate. Truthfully
though I don't know what normal operation is for your particular model.

Or is it possible that glitching interlocks can cause all these kind of
erratic behavior, possibly confusing the microprocessor?

Kind regards, Marcus Lindahl

The URL I sent you, in the previous post, might be helpful. Erratic
behavior may sometimes be traced to intermittent grounds or power
supplies going bad.

--
1PW