Posted to sci.electronics.repair
1PW[_4_] 1PW[_4_] is offline

Default Microwave oven -- Whirlpool MD365WH

Marcus Lindahl wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool MD365WH microwave oven. The problem is that the
automatic cooking functions are working erratically.

If I want to auto-defrost something, the display reads out "Sense" and
after about one minute, when the program ends, the food is still frozen.
But sometimes it works perfectly, and sometimes as described above.

The hot air function is sometimes also works in mysterious ways. If I
open the door during cooking, the oven keeps running, but not always. I
guess the correct behavior should be to immediately shut off when the
door is opened.

This means the door interlock switches are failing.

Sometimes the control panel does not respond when I press the buttons.

As I believe the problem stems from a faulty control panel, and I have
checked and done some resoldering at the control panel circuit board, but
unfortunately it had no effect.

Does someone here have any experience troubleshooting the electronics
(or perhaps schematics) in said microwave oven?

Kind regards, Marcus Lindahl (Sweden)

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/

--
1PW