Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Advice Wanted for Jointer Fence Repair/Replacement

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

*snip*

An even better alternative is to do your own foundry work! Here's a
step by step instruction set (there's probably dozens of similar
techniques on the web). You'll need:

*snip*

http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...cast-aluminum/

That's a cool idea! I'd be afraid to try it because of the addiction of
yet another hobby. You might be able to use a crusher dust rather than
the sand if it'll lock together better. I know a lot of sand out there
is quite round in shape and doesn't lock together well.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking