Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default Advice Wanted for Jointer Fence Repair/Replacement

Try Cattail Foundry. Some info can be found on old wood working
machines .org and .com. A Google search may work as well.

Mike in Ohio

-MIKE- wrote:
I picked up a Delta 37-285 Jointer on craigslist for $75....
hmmmm.... I think I forgot to *gloat* about that. :-)

It works great, as far as the motor, cutters, table, and all that go.

The problem is in the adjustable fence. The parts that make it
adjustable are made of that pot-metal that they used for the longest
time. You can see in the following lousy picture that they have cracked.
http://www.mikedrums.com/fencecrack.jpg

I've been using it without the fence. But I'd like to replace these parts.
They ARE NOT available from Delta or online retailers.

My options, as I see them, are to...
a) find old ones
2) build new ones out of hardwood, or
III) find new parts/assembly that fit this

I'm not thrilled about option "a" because I'll just get parts that will
crack, sooner or later.

So shoot... what do you think I should do?
Ideas and advice, let me have 'em!