Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Coating for bare steel wire?

axolotl wrote:
Winston wrote:

I want to build up a magnetic core using a few hundred feet of 0.023"
diameter ER70-S6 MIG filler wire. To limit eddy current, I need to make
the wire non-conductive to low voltage

How about a single pass using a UV curing coating?

I didn't see that in Mcmaster or Enco.
Is that something I can pick up easily & cheaply?
I DAGS on '"uv curing" coating' but didn't come up
with a retail outlet. Suggestions?

What do you need to make that can't use a tapewound core?

Envision a really long 'E' core.
I want a lot of flux concentrated between the center pole
piece and the two outer pole pieces. Figure ca 10" long
with a 1" diameter center pole.

Thanks!

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.