Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default Illinois State cops have no crime to occupy them?

On 2009-10-07, Up North wrote:
In some cases those things can be illegal. I had much the same thing
happen
in Huntsville, Texas 15 years ago. The cop claimed he pulled us over
because
my wife wasn't wearing her seatbelt. She was wearing her seatbelt and as
far
as I can figure my crime was traveling north with out of state plates on
common drug courier route. We were detained for almost a half an hour
when I
refused to let him search the car. He stated he was that he is going to
call
a K9 officer and let the dog do it's thing. Finally, I told him the only
thing I was bringing back from Texas was a bag of grapefruit and he could
go
ahead and search the trunk. After I opened the trunk he barely searched
it
and let us go.

Sounds rather obnoxious. I would personally like to refuse a search,
however, I have never had a chance to try it.

It ****ed me off so bad I drove straight through to Minnesota, stopping
only for gas and a meal. 27 hrs if I remember correctly. I was told later
they have a police college in town so you chances of getting stopped by a
rookie in training are good
Steve.