Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default New HD policy

wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:54:19 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

My typical trips into the store average 3 or 4 MIHU
contacts. Many of the workers look like retirement age, and
actually know their trade.

The closest HD to my home seems to be staffed by folks who know their
stuff, and act as if they own the place. If they spot you scanning
shelves, they stop and ask if they can help you find something. If you
turn them down, they don't hover, but wait somewhere down the isle in
case you change your mind. I have often been literally chased across
the parking lot by employees who insist on helping me load stuff on
the roof of my SUV.

I never have to go looking for assistance, they come looking for me.

Pretty much the same at the Homedepot I go to......I have found the guy in
the plumbing dept especially helpfull to me several times....Being open when
I need something is one of the best things I like about HD....