Posted to alt.home.repair
dss dss is offline

Default Outdoor pond

I'll second the EPDM roofing material idea. For the first 10 years, my
Minnesota pond (10' by 15' by 3') was lined with the thinner vinyl and
I was constantly fighting leaks in the last few years. I get 12 to 18
inches of ice on it each year and that's a tough environment for a
liner. The UV rays take a toll too. Two years ago I put in the heavy
roofing material and the fish or plants don't seem to mind it. I
expect it to last much longer. Ponds are not maintenance free, but I
really like the sound of the waterfalls and the light reflecting off
the water. Even the neighbors like it, although it shuts off at night.

There is a news group named rec.ponds.moderated that is a good source
for specific questions and information.

Bigger and thicker is better.

dss