Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New plasma on wall install....

On Oct 7, 7:52*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 7, 1:28*am, 4x12 wrote:

Hey Guys,

I'm about to install a new plasma on the wall. I've heard that its
againts "code" to simply pass
the screens power cord in wall... is that correct ? If thats the case,
do any of you know the
Canadian safety code chapter on this ???

Thanks,

Joe

MonoPrice sells HDMI cables that are rated for in-wall installation...

I don't think there is any special rating required to run signal
cables through walls. It's routinely done with regular HDMI,
component video, audio cables, etc. However it's a US code violation
to run any kind of extension cord through walls and I would suspect
it's probably the same in Canada.

I looked at mounting a LCD TV on the wall and came to the conclusion
that for a main viewing location, eg family room, it's just not
comfortable to be looking up. I decided to place mine on a stand
that leaves it about 2 1/2 feet off the floor.

You might check with them on the power cord question. Their tech
support is pretty good.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...mi+in+wall&x=0....

In my case, I bought a flat plastic channel (~4" x 3/4") at HD made
for hiding cables.

It mounts flat to the wall and I painted it to match.

I've already had to open it to change cables, so I'm glad it wasn't in
the wall.