Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Aurgh!

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:24:07 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

snip
I love those stories. My banker told me one the other day that made me think
of it. He swears it's a true story, and an old one.

A truck got stuck going into the Holland Tunnel. Police came, a tow truck
came...they couldn't pull it back, because the front of the trailer was
crushed into the top of the tunnel and jammed pretty good.

A schoolbus passed by in the open lane, windows open. A schoolgirl leaned
out and said, "Let some air out of the tires." Which they did, and extracted
the truck.

My old boss used to spend some time chasing firemen/calls.
Was at an excavating accident one time where a big
earthmover had rolled over crushing the operator. The
operator was a goner, but they still needed to extract the
body. He said they were trying to figure out how big of a
wrecker/crane they were going to need to lift it off him. He
went up to one of them and politely suggested someone could
get a shovel and a few minutes digging would do the task.
Which is what they eventually did

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b