Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Aurgh!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
My ten ton mini ram (to lift the item) is about 1/6" too tall.

Let some air out of its tires. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

yeah, the first thing i thought of was an old joke about two farmers
sawing a slot in the top of a doorway for the ears of their too-tall
mule.

i can't remember it exactly and i couldn't find it on line.

something about some guy maybe a traveling salesman comes upon two
farmers sawing a slot in the top of the doorway of their barn so they
can get their too-tall mule in. the salesman asks them why they don't
just dig away some dirt below the door and the farmers reply indignantly
"we didn't say his legs were too long, we said his ears were too tall!"
or something like that. at the time that joke cracked me up.

I love those stories. My banker told me one the other day that made me
think of it. He swears it's a true story, and an old one.

A truck got stuck going into the Holland Tunnel. Police came, a tow truck
came...they couldn't pull it back, because the front of the trailer was
crushed into the top of the tunnel and jammed pretty good.

A schoolbus passed by in the open lane, windows open. A schoolgirl leaned
out and said, "Let some air out of the tires." Which they did, and
extracted the truck.

I love it. I hope it's true.

I don't know if that specific story is true, but I have seen over height
semi's get stuck, and get out from under a bridge by that method
personally.

It's been making me chuckle since last Friday, when I heard it. That's what
prompted me to spit it out when I saw your message. I knew it didn't make
any sense, but it still made me chuckle to say it. g

If this particular banker wasn't such a nice guy, I'd make him tell me where
he got the story.

--
Ed Huntress