Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT Flag Burning.. should be of interest

On Oct 6, 9:39*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Oct 6, 3:01 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

wrote in message

.. .

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:46:53 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:37:13 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 11:34 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:57:11 -0400, Kirk Gordon

wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

I'll wait.

If what you're waiting for is an actual answer, reasoned and
logical
and
self consistent, then I hope you packed a lunch.

KG

I'm not, but it's interesting to see what ideologues do when they
meet
themselves coming around a corner. d8-)

Ah. Good thought. If they're the gun-toting type, maybe they'll be
startled and shoot themselves.

KG

So police and military shoot themselves in large numbers as do law
abiding citizens?

Got cites for your spew or is this something you dreamed up after a
night eating pigs feet and sloshing down cheap beer?

So, police and military are ideologues?
You're a first class moron, Gunner.

Actually, Gunner is pretty smart. He claims to have an IQ of 156. g!
Since
people with 156 IQ's tend to be a little scary, it may explain some of
his
ideas...

However, it's not stupidity that you're seeing.

Yes, it is. He's so stupid that he thinks that lying about
accomplishment is as good as the real thing.

It appears to be the result
of decades of accumulated resentments, which started with Vietnam.

Surely you don't believe his story about serving under someone else's
name. If he'd really served, then he wouldn't have admitted to owing
that medical debt a few years back. He gets busted regularly for
telling whoppers. What are the odds that one of his most far-fetched
stories is true?

Like too
much pressure in a boiler, those resentments have led to some leaks
between
the rivets.

Sure, but in this case he's supplying his own heat.

Wayne

Wayne, he's not stupid.

Your opinion on that can be boiled down to this: gummy is a sometimes
intelligent person who makes a lot of unintelligent decisions. That's
a distinction without a difference.

I've watched him think through some things on this
NG, and he shows evidence of having a very capable mind...

How does a capable mind jump to so many nutty conclusions?

Wishful thinking, driven by resentments, and fed by selective reading of
right-wing propaganda. In other words, he's full of it. d8-)

Beyond his
irrational shtick, he frequently demonstrates a total lack of critical
thinking. One of my favorites was him asking if it was normal to go
through several large bottles of shielding gas during something like
an hour of welding. He needed to be told to get out the soapy water.

which makes some
things he says even more annoying.

He is given to telling tall tales. My favorite is the one about
encountering
some gang-bangers on a shooting range somewhere out in the sticks, and
showing them how to shoot. The gang-bangers had brought their own
handguns,
BTW, but just walked away, sheepishly, after watching the maestro at
work.
That one's a classic. g

I'm not sure that he'll ever top his recent claim that he had health
insurance up until last October. While it doesn't have the flash of
some of his more colorful whoppers, it says everything about how
whacked he has to be to think that readers might be stupid enough to
believe him. One would think that he'd use that high IQ snorf to
prevent contradicting himself, by keeping track of his BS with a
spreadsheet or something. Of course, that would assume that he can
even tell the difference between reality and his fantasies.

Wayne

I didn't read about the health insurance. I read maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of his
messages, except for the ones posted to a thread I happen to be reading or
posting to myself.

Wayne, Usenet has become a sewer. Most of the posts that show up even here
are disgusting, ignorant, and insulting. Gunner has just found the
environment to be particularly to his liking.

I don't think that his objective, or that of many people here, is to
"discuss" the big issues they get involved in. Their objective is to
antagonize. He's even said how much joy it gives him to **** people off..

So trying to be logical about it is a wasted exercise. As I said to
Ranger,
I'm just here these days for the writing practice, and for those few, rare
instances where an intelligent discussion is going on.

I'm not going to get into the question of why these people do it. So, let
him frustrate you or not. If he fires at me, I'll fire back. Otherwise,
*I*
know he's full of ****; I'm sure most people do; and you could waste your
life pointing it out.

--
Ed Huntress
But, there's no rule that says that he, or anyone else, can't be both

I surely wouldn't waste any time getting ****ed off at him. It's like
asking water to not be wet. However, as you have said in the past, it
makes for good writing exercise.

Besides, there are more important things going on. The Tigers and Twins are
in the 12th inning, eating up their bullpens and wearing each other out, and
one of them has to be in New York to face the Yankees tomorrow night.

THAT's important. And it's making me smile. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

American League = bull**** designated hitter. Who cares? It's not
even real baseball.