Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Aurgh!

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
My ten ton mini ram (to lift the item) is about 1/6" too tall.

Let some air out of its tires. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

yeah, the first thing i thought of was an old joke about two farmers sawing
a slot in the top of a doorway for the ears of their too-tall mule.

i can't remember it exactly and i couldn't find it on line.

something about some guy maybe a traveling salesman comes upon two farmers
sawing a slot in the top of the doorway of their barn so they can get their
too-tall mule in. the salesman asks them why they don't just dig away some
dirt below the door and the farmers reply indignantly "we didn't say his
legs were too long, we said his ears were too tall!" or something like that.
at the time that joke cracked me up.