Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default OT Flag Burning.. should be of interest

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:39:30 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Besides, there are more important things going on. The Tigers and Twins are
in the 12th inning

Here's the most important sports-related thing I can remember being
concerned about in my adult lifetime - I recently spent a half-hour
downloading, installing, and tweaking an add-on to my HTPC that allows
me to banish every last trace of sports items (as well as some others)
from MCs menu. I'm pretty sure that I came out ahead in the deal. :-)
Which reminds me... when younger folks ask me for advice about getting
ahead, one of the things I tell them is to take the time they spend on
things like watching and talking about other people playing games, and
use it to do their own oil changes, cut their own hair, change their
own faucet washers, etc. Of course, I might as well be telling them to
build a spaceship. G I think that most people could retire
considerably earlier and better if they put off their worst time or
money wasting habits until they could truly afford them. Now, I know
somebody's going to say that life isn't worth living without "x", but
that's a crock. We've gotten to the point where people are essentially
borrowing away their future for crap like bottled water and HBO and
bling wagon wheels on their over-priced cars. Oh wait, what were we
talking about again? Never mind. :-)

Wayne