Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike rock Mike rock is offline

Default New plasma on wall install....

On Oct 7, 1:28*am, 4x12 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm about to install a new plasma on the wall. I've heard that its
againts "code" to simply pass
the screens power cord in wall... is that correct ? If thats the case,
do any of you know the
Canadian safety code chapter on this ???

Thanks,

Joe

Not familiar with Canada, but they do sell wire mold or wire
management systems to hide the wire outside the wall.
If your outlet is underneath the TV, or closeby, you can install an
outlet on the wall behind the TV and use a recessed "clock outlet" to
give you an exta inch of space. Thats what I did, but I got lucky
since my existing outlet was below the TV I was able to snake a new
cable up to the TV.