Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default End Tables completed

Kevin Miller wrote:

Excellent work! Those came out beautifully. Curious how the tops
attach. Is gravity sufficient?

They are attached using attachment blocks similar to a wooden top. The
attachment blocks are epoxied to the granite and screwed to the lifts (two
on each side, one front and one back). I made attachment blocks angled
with a slot to prevent squeeze-out from flowing onto the table stretchers.
I located the tops, then epoxied the glueblocks on, screwing them into the
top to get the best fit.

I think I need to go to the chiropractor just looking at them. g

They are definitely a two person lift. Using granite density estimates,
the tops weigh about 60 pounds. The rest of the table probably comes in at
about 35 to 40 pounds.

...Kevin

Rob Leatham